- About Nina
Nina’s Book Shelf:
My work is based on a wide area of knowledge. Here are some of the books that I find interesting.
For used copies Amazon or UK-based abebooks.com. A number of authors and teachers provide videos on youtube, gaia.com or on their own websites.
Science, consciousness and spirituality:
- The Wisdom of Your Cells, by scientist Bruce Lipton describes how our genes do not control our mental capacity or bodily development according to recent research called epigenetics. Our inner state and life style are the more determining factors. Also Spontaneous Evolution.
- Map of Heaven, by neurosurgeon Eben Alexander. A follow up to his near death experience described in Proof of Heaven.
- The Joy of Living, by Yongey Mingyur Rinpoche. Scientific research into the effects of meditation.
- Paths Beyond Ego – The Transpersonal Vision, an anthology by Frances and Roger Walsch. An excellent presentation of the shift in paradigm of our time. Articles by Ken Wilber, Daniel Goleman, Dalai Lama and more. http://www.drrogerwalsh.com/
- What the Bleep Do We Know, by William Arntz et al. Book and film http://whatthebleep.com/
- The Hidden Messages of Water, by Masaru Emoto.
- A Brief History of Everything, by Ken Wilber.
- The Field, by Lynne Mctaggart.
- The Self-Aware Universe, by professor of quantum physics Amit Goswami.
- Infinite Mind- Science of the Human Vibrations of Consciousness, by Valerie V. Hunt.
Spirituality and self development:
- The Untethered Soul, by Michael Singer. Recommended reading for all Aquarians.
- The Heart of the Soul and The Seat of the Soul, by Gary Zukav.
- The Power of Now and A New Earth, by Eckhart Tolle.
- What if this is Heaven?, by Anita Moorjani. Follow up to her near death account Dying To Be Me.
- Special recommendation for troubled teenagers and young people: Into the Magic Shop – a Neurosurgeon´s Quest to Discover the Mysteries of the Brain and the Secrets of the Heart. James Dotys personal account of his encounter with a spiritual teacher. Award winning bestseller, for a very good reason.
- Sacred Choices and Diary by a Medical Intuitive, by Christel Nani. Former head of an ER describes how to feel and react to energy in yourself, people and situations. Very useful.
- The Fear Cure, by Lissa Rankin, MD.
- Recovering the Soul, by Larry Dossey, MD.
- Feel the Fear & Do It Anyway, by Susan J. Jeffers.
- Spiritual Solutions and The Power of Intention, by Wayne W. Dyer.
- The Astonishing Power of Emotions and The Law of Attraction, by Ester Hicks. Channelling the highly intelligent “Abraham” in a number of books and dvds. www.hicks-abraham.
- Home With God and Friendship With God, by Neale Donald Walsch. Best known for Conversations with God, but these two are my favorites.
- Way of The Peaceful Warrior, by Dan Millman.
- A Course in Miracles.
- All books by Marianne Williamson. Her work is based on A Course in Miracles. See also Roger Walsch on this subject.
- Seth Speaks, by Jane Roberts.
- Hands of Light, by Barbara Ann Brennan.
- All books by Deepak Chopra.
- The Celestine Prophesy, by James Redfield.
- The Road to Life, by Martinus.
- The Teachings of Don Juan, by Carlos Castaneda.
- All books by Alice Bailey. 26 of them. Will take you 5 lifetimes to understand… A good start is The Labors of Hercules.
Health, psychology and holistic thinking:
- All books by Louise Hay.
- All books by Deepak Chopra.
- All books by Andreas Moritz, ayurvedic doctor.
- Mind over Medicine, by Lissa Rankin, MD.
- Meaning and Medicine, by Larry Dossey, MD.
- Love and Survival, by cardiologist Dean Ornish.
- The Wisdom of Your Cells, The Biology of Belief and Spontaneous Evolution, by Bruce Lipton.
- Theory U, by Otto Scharmer.
Speed of Trust, by Stephen Covey Jr. “Trust impacts us 24/7, 365 days a year. It undergirds and affects the quality of every relationship, every communication, every work project, every business venture, every effort in which we are engaged.” – Stephen M. Covey.
- 7 Habits of Highly Effective People, by Stephen Covey.
- Gung ho, by Ken Blanchard og Sheldon Bowles.
- Sacred Hoops, by Phil Jackson, successful basketball coach for Chicago Bulls.
- The Astrological Manager by John Alexander. Great fun – and an excellent way of getting colleagues and team members to talk and reflect.
- The Zodiac Manager: An Astrological Expose of Everyone in the Office, by J. T. Ford.
Near Death Experiences:
- Dying To Be Me, by Anita Moorjani. Just go ahead and read it.
- Dying to Wake Up, by cardiac anaesthetist Dr. Rajiv Parti who used to put his patients to sleep. After an NDO he attempts to wake them up.
- Proof of Heaven, by neurosurgeon Alexander Eben. Just go ahead.
- Saved by the Light, by Dannion Brinkley. A bully and weapons dealer is struck by lightning. (My first love in this field which I translated into Danish.) Also Secrets of the Light.
- Embraced by the Light, by Betty J. Eadie.
- The Application of Impossible Things, by Natalie Sudman. An American officer is hit by a roadside bomb on a mission to Iraq. Soldier Sudman is sharp as a razor and adds new dimensions to the field of near death.
- All books by Kenneth Ring M.D. and Raymond Moody M.D., the latter a pioneer in this field of research, starting with Life After Life.
- Closer to the Light, by Melvin Morse, M.D. Near death experiences of children.
- To Heaven and Back, by Mary Neal. Dramatic account of a doctor´s drowning accident.
- Website: www.near-death.com. A gold mine.
- No Future Without Forgiveness, by Desmond Tutu – on the Truth Commission of South Africa.
- Changing Lenses, by Howard Zehr. Pioneering work. Also The Little Book of Restorative Justice, an introduction.
- Real Justice, by Ted Wachtel.
Astrological material and software www.midheavenbooks.com. For pc: Astrolabe (including Solar Fire v.8 and Jigsaw v. 2)
- Sun Signs by Linda Goodman. Also Love signs and Star signs.
- The Inner Sky, by Steven Forrest.
- Symbols for Women, by Sheila Farrant.
- Chart Interpretation Handbook, by Stephen Arroyo.
- Aspects in Astrology by Sue Tompkins.
- Astrology: A cosmic Science, by Isabel M. Hickey.
- The Inner Planets, by Liz Greene.
- Astrological Houses, by Dane Rudhyar.
- All of Liz Greenes books. Especially Saturn and Relating. British astrologer Liz Greene is the foremost pioneer of psychological astrology. From 2018, Jung´s Studies in Astrology. Groundbreaking research based on the private archives of Jung.
- Astrology, Psycology & the 4 elements and Astrology, and Karma and Transformation, by Stephen Arroyo.
- Planets in Transit: life cycles for living, by Robert Hand.
- The Astrologer´s Handbook, by Sakoian and Acker. A good “cookbook” on interpretation.
- Complete Astrology – the Classic Guide to Modern Astrology, by Alan Oken.
- Astrological Insights into Personality, by Betty Lundsted.
- Art of Chart Interpretation, by Tracy Marks.
- The Astrology of the Soul, by Jan Spiller. On the nodes of the moon. Exceptional.
- Yesterday´s Sky, by Steven Forrest. Also on the nodes.
- Reincarnation and The Nodes of the Moon, by Martin Schulman.
- The Labors of Hercules, by Alice Bailey. Esoteric astrology.
- Soulcentered Astrology, by Alan Oken. Esoteric astrology.
- All books by Dane Rudhyar and Robert Hand.
Reincarnation and life between incarnations:
- Many Lives, Many Masters and Only Love is Real and Same Soul Many Bodies by psychiatrist Brian Weiss, MD.
- Destiny of Souls and Journey of Souls, by Michael Newton.
- 5 Lives Remembered, by Dolores Cannon.
- The Principle of Reincarnation, by Martinus.
- Reincarnation, by Christopher M. Bache.
- All books by Esther Hicks and Jane Roberts.
The wondrous world of plants:
- Secret Life of Trees, by Peter Wohlleben.
- The Secret Life of Plants, by Peter Tompkins.
- The Garden of Findhorn, by Findhorn Community.
Energy work with animals:
- Cesar’s Way, by Cesar Millan. Also DVD’s “The Dog Whisperer” and TV shows on National Geographic.
- The Man Who Listens to Horses, by Monty Roberts. Amazing. The first horse whisperer of all.